Why Buy This Book?
Estate Planning Smarts, by Deborah L. Jacobs, can help educate people before and after they meet with advisers. It can give clients, regardless of their net worth, the background to ask better questions and make them more comfortable addressing a stressful topic. For advisers in estate planning or related fields, the book can be a prelude or a supplement to their work with clients. An annotated Table of Contents phrased in terms of personal or financial goals, helps readers choose the chapters that are relevant to them.
In both design and content, Estate Planning Smarts stands out from other books on this subject by:
- Portraying estate planning as a life-affirming process,
not a morbid chore
- Recommending against a do-it-yourself approach, encouraging readers to seek professional advice and offering suggestions about how to find it
- Going beyond financial issues to explore the core values and family dynamics that drive decisions about wealth transfer
- Explaining complex principles in simple terms and focusing on the essentials, so consumers are not bombarded with more information than they can absorb
- Humanizing estate planning, with anecdotes about the estate plans of Paul Newman, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Michael Jackson and others
- Including an action-oriented “to-do” list at the end of each chapter
- Defining legal terms as they appear and in an extensive Glossary at the back of the book
- Keeping the material current by providing updates and revised chapters that can be downloaded through this website
To read a sample chapter, click here.
Copyright © 2011 DJWorking Unlimited Inc.